Since its inception, Rena Bransten Gallery, founded by Rena Bransten in 1974, has sought to define its artistic program by including both established and emerging artists whose work engages with contemporary social and cultural climates. While originally focusing on ceramic sculpture by California artists, the physical gallery space and scope of exhibitions soon expanded to include a multidisciplinary program – all the while sustaining a deep rooted connection to the crafted object. Now, over forty years later, the gallery continues to exhibit both national and international contemporary artists in one person and thematic exhibitions which maintain a dialog with other galleries, museums, and curators.
Exhibitions / Events
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti: Underwear Series - Jul 1 — Aug 19
- Lewis Watts: Mining the Archive - Jul 1 — Aug 19
- Nobuyuki Takahashi: お茶の時間 / take a break - Jul 1 — Aug 19
- Vik Muniz: Handmade / Artist Talk and Reception - Sep 9
- Vik Muniz: Handmade - Sep 9 — Oct 28